Classic car fans in Germany and abroad have been eagerly awaiting this event: after a year's forced break, the Bremen Classic Motorshow was finally due to take place again as an in-person trade fair next February - just in time for its 20th anniversary. The event team had spent months working on and planning the big reunion.
Now one thing is certain: the in-person event at the beginning of February has to be canceled. "We've been working towards this for two years, received great feedback from visitors and exhibitors - and now it's all in vain again. So perhaps you can imagine how we feel," says Project Manager Frank Ruge.
Hans Peter Schneider, Managing Director of M3B GmbH, which also owns the Messe Bremen brand, adds: "The planning uncertainty and the ever more extensive requirements due to the worsening pandemic situation have forced us to make this decision. We very much regret this, especially as we have received consistently positive feedback from our national and international exhibitors and had an excellent level of bookings. Even if we are still allowed to go ahead under the given circumstances: Everyone's health and safety come first."
Event team working on an alternative
Nevertheless, people in Bremen are not hanging their heads. Now that the difficult decision has been made, the event team wants to present an alternative in the coming days "We now need to take a deep breath. But one thing is certain: The entire team is highly motivated to open the season with the Bremen Classic Motorshow 2022 in some other form," says Claudia Nötzelmann, Division Manager for Special Interest and Trade Fairs at Messe Bremen. "After all, we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary next year, and we don't want to miss out on that."
Much praise from the scene
The Bremen Classic Motorshow traditionally marks the start of the new classic car season. More than 700 exhibitors and around 45,000 visitors usually meet here every year to exchange ideas, talk shop and negotiate. This is now the second time in a row that the classic car fair has been postponed due to the coronavirus.
The classic car fair fell victim to the pandemic earlier this year. Instead, however, the team quickly set up a five-hour live stream and received a lot of praise from the entire scene. Next year, the Bremen Classic Motorshow should have taken place from Friday to Sunday, February 4 to 6, 2022, at Messe Bremen. The next regular date is Friday to Sunday, February 3 to 5, 2023.
Further information can be found on the Bremen Classic Motorshow website.





























